Providing AEC tools and technology since 1986
California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc., is a leading provider of geospatial tools, technology and training for businesses and government agencies throughout California.
Bruce Gandelman founded the company in 1986 to meet the needs of the AEC industry – architects, engineers and contractors. Over the past 30 years, CSDS has expanded both its product line and the industries it serves, with customers now representing government agencies, utilities, law enforcement, agriculture, mining and other industries.
“Our employees are highly knowledgeable experts and ensure customers can implement our solutions for maximum productivity,” Gandelman says. “Other companies sell a box and move on to the next sale. We deliver a successful solution, including delivery, installation, training and maintenance.”
As a reseller, CSDS ranks among the leading U.S. Trimble GPS distribution partners and is the nation’s largest HP Designjet dealer. Other products include 3D laser scanners, GPS receivers, commercial drones and wide-format printers. CSDS also operates California’s largest real-time network, providing precision positioning with one-centimeter accuracy for surveying, mapping, engineering, forensics and agricultural applications.
CSDS is headquartered in Sacramento with retail locations in Dublin and Fresno.
The company’s six divisions are each designed to meet distinct customer needs.
- Construction builds technology solutions to save contractors time and money.
- Forensics serves law enforcement investigators with advanced technology for accident investigation and crime scene re-creation.
- Mapping helps public agencies and private engineers create detailed geospatial maps of everything from city utilities to ecological habitats.
- Printing & Imaging specializes in wide-format printing hardware, supplies and consulting for all types of business clients.
- Support trains customers on Trimble Navigation Systems and offers on-call tech support to answer questions about procedure, processing and deliverables.
- Surveying delivers the latest technology and training to streamline workflows for civil engineers and surveying professionals.
How We Work
Across all divisions, CSDS stands for a common approach to solving our customers’ most pressing business problems.
Consultative: At the beginning of every project, our experienced staff does a deep-dive to understand our client’s business. Only then can we offer improvements based on available technology.
Smart: To help prepare for the introduction of new tools, technologies and workflows, we provide extensive training and operational support.
Dedicated: Our employees go the extra mile, often joining clients onsite to make sure the new equipment, technologies and processes are used to their fullest.
Supportive: Whenever there’s an issue or a question, all our clients have to do is pick up the phone. Our support specialists are highly experienced with the latest technologies and can answer even the toughest questions.
Through our separate company – Century Graphics – we help businesses with print projects large and small, including everything from brochures and flyers to wide-format engineering plan sets and signage. Founded in 1978, Century Graphics was acquired by CSDS in 2011 and maintains offices in Sacramento, Roseville and El Dorado Hills.
Contact Us Today
How can we help increase efficiency?