Surveyors, it’s not too late to start offering 3D scanning as a service: just this year, a POB study found that 70% of respondents saw a growth in demand for 3D scanning.
So what are you waiting for?
The SX10 scanning total station makes it easy for you to expand your business by using survey workflows to handle 3D scanning projects.
This means that the point cloud extraction process has now been made as intuitive as possible, so that you no longer have to navigate overly complex scanning software in order to create practical deliverables.
And since there’s almost no learning curve, the SX10 is really easy to use:
“If you know how to use Trimble Access or any other survey workflow software with a total station, you know how to use an SX10.”
Compared to most traditional reality capture tools, 3D scanners are able to perform more work in less time, with greater accuracy and detail. So why aren’t you using them?
When you consider the time they save and productivity you’ll gain, 3D scanners can be a much more affordable way to collect the most common – to the most complex geometries. On top of that, the SX10 costs about half the price of traditional terrestrial scanners – while preserving traditional surveying workflows and applications.
You also benefit from using the familiar and intuitive workflows within Trimble Business Center Software in order to auto-classify features such as breaklines, buildings, vegetation, natural ground, signs, utilities – the possibilities are virtually endless.
If you appreciate the importance of keeping up with the latest geospatial technology, 3D scanning with the SX10 will put you in a good position to handle increasingly complex projects without any of the headaches. Applications with the strongest growth in demand for 3D scanning include:
- Topographic Mapping
- Construction Layout
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Deformation Monitoring
Stay ahead of the curve
The reality among surveyors & geospatial professionals is that demand for laser scanning continues to grow. In 2016, a study by Esticast Consulting & Research forecasted that the global LiDAR market would rise from $332.2 million to reach $1.4 billion by 2024. North America led the major regions with a market share of $154.8 million.
The need for improvised surveying technology is the key factor that’s anticipated to drive the growth of the LiDAR market.
According to a Geo Buiz report, 3D scanning was one of the main technologies driving growth in the geospatial market in 2017, accounting for $292.2 billion in spending with an economic impact of $2.21 trillion.
Although land surveyors have traditionally served construction and civil engineering firms, there may be new opportunities for survey firms to market geospatial services that don’t directly involve performing a survey, such as rendering 3D visualizations. The Trimble SX10 makes it easy for surveyors to begin exploring these new business models using the LiDAR technology provided by its 3D laser scanner.
Signs that the Trimble SX10 is right for you:
- You’d like to expand the services and deliverables you offer to customers and grow your business.
- You’d like to offer 3D scanning services, but you’re not familiar or quite confident with the workflow.
- You already know how to use Trimble Access or another field workflow, and you’d like an easy introduction to 3D scanning work.
- You don’t have a 3D scanner yet, but you’d like to have one in the future.
- Most of your work requires a high-accuracy total station, but occasionally you also need a rapid and precise 3D scanning solution.
- You need a high-accuracy (1”) total station but you can’t justify the expense of a standalone 3D scanner.
- Can’t afford to pay up front? Trimble financing is available. Contact us now to learn more about setting up a 0% interest payment plan.
- Act now to benefit from Section 179 tax incentives on business equipment!
- Are you unsure about whether the Trimble SX10 is really that easy to use? Comprehensive training is available separately. Please contact us for details.
- There hasn’t been a better or busier time to invest in technology that will allow you to be more competitive, productive and profitable.
Contact us today
If you think the Trimble SX10 might be right for you, we can show you how to use it to improve today and dominate tomorrow.
Call CSDS at 800-243-1414 to ask a question, request a quote, or receive a product demonstration. One of our Surveying specialists will be in touch to share their expert opinion on which solutions will work best for your company’s needs.
For more information on the topics mentioned above, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Hydrographic (On-Water) Surveying with Seafloor Systems
- From GPS to GNSS: How has GPS changed the surveying industry?
- CSDS training helps Surveyors learn features and workflows
- 3D Scanning is Coming to Architecture
- Taking 3D Scans of Sutter’s Fort
- Evaluating the full range of options for Forensics applications
- The Zeb Revo RT is the Ultimate Handheld 3D Scanner
- How to Export Points by Range in TBC (.csv)
- How to Merge and Unmerge Points in Trimble Business Center
- The Trimble Feature Code Library & TBC
- Approaching Old Problems with New Technologies
Sources: POB, XYHT, Heights
Sidebar: LiDAR Market to Reach $1.4 Billion by 2024
POB’s latest market study shows terrestrial mobile and aerial laser scanning increasing in geospatial operations
2018 Market Intelligence Report: Demand for Geospatial Services is Strong
Specialization and collaboration are potential success factors
2018 3D Surveying Trends: 3D Models and Point Clouds Top 3D Use
POB’s annual study shows 3D modeling and point clouds are the leading uses for 3D surveying tools