The Zeb Revo RT is a rapid, handheld 3D scanner that captures data as you walk.
With a Wi-Fi connection to your smartphone or tablet, it registers your data in real-time as you scan, eliminating the need for post-processing. This can cut your project times in half and allow you to scan and process three-story buildings in just 30 minutes.
This kind of functionality has been highly sought after for years and will be a total game-changer for professionals in many industries, including:
- Land Surveyors
- General Contractors
- Real Estate Managers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Electrical Engineers
- Plumbing Contractors
- Facilities Management
- BIM Specialists
- Crime Scene Investigators
Features and Benefits
The Zeb Revo RT was made to capture enclosed, difficult to reach areas as a complement for traditional solutions that have longer range and higher accuracy but less mobility and ease of use.
Here are the pros and cons, compared to terrestrial scanners:
- Lightweight 2-pound scanner versus 20-plus pounds of equipment
- Easy-to-use scan as you walk versus multiple station set-ups
- No post-processing needed
- Up to 30-meter range instead of 300-plus meters with terrestrial scanners
- Accuracy of 1 to 3 centimeters versus +/- 2 millimeter accuracy
| Terrestrial Scanners
||Zeb Revo RT|
|20+ pounds of equipment||A 2 pound scanner|
|Multiple station set ups||Scan as you walk|
|Post-processing in the office||No post-processing needed|
|300+ meter range||Up to 30 meter range|
|+/- 2 mm accuracy||1-3 cm accuracy|
“Our time and cost-saving scanning products are the perfect addition to the surveyor’s toolkit – complementing traditional, static scanners with a handheld, mobile solution,” said NAFTA Channel Manager Robby Dudley at a recent BIM Forum. “The simple workflow from scan to point cloud to 3D deliverable makes the production of BIM models simpler and more efficient than ever before.”
Watch the Zeb Revo RT for yourself
GeoSLAM is a global market leader in “go-anywhere” 3D mobile mapping technology. Their unique handheld technology is highly versatile and adaptable to all environments – especially spaces that are indoor, underground or difficult to access, providing accurate 3D mapping without the need for GPS.
Their technology is easy to use, enabling customers to build highly accurate 3D models of their environment within minutes. GeoSLAM was founded by the inventors of Wi-Fi to serve the surveying, engineering, mining, forestry, facilities and asset management sectors.
3D scanning is already set to revolutionize architecture. Learn how the Zeb Revo RT can make you more productive in your work, too. Call CSDS at 800-243-1414 to ask a question, request a quote, or receive a product demonstration. Our Forensics Specialist or a member of our Construction Technology Team will be in touch to answer your questions.
- Foster Farms: Upgrading and expanding its facilities
- 3D Scanning is Coming to Architecture
- Taking 3D Scans of Sutter’s Fort
- How the Trimble SX10 helps Surveyors transition into 3D Scanning
- Evaluating the full range of options for Forensics applications
- How Layout Pro helps you finish Construction Jobs Faster
- 5 Types of Equipment that help Small Contractors work Faster