Date & Time: Every Saturday from August 6th – August 27th, 9:00 am – Noon
Location: CSDS Technology & Training Center, Sacramento
Instructor: John Adam, Licensed Land Surveyor
Cost: $495 per student, limit 12 students per course.
Ideal for: Anybody working with modern geospatial (mapping & surveying) hardware & software.
All course material & light refreshments will be provided.
Students must bring their own calculator.
- This course will provide a basic history of geodesy including measurement techniques, coordinate systems, ellipsoids, and datums.
- Modern geodetic and Cartesian coordinate systems, as well as the differences between grid and ground coordinate systems.
- The creation of the United States Public Lands Surveying System and the breakdown of the Township and Sections.
- The elements of NGS Data Sheets will be discussed along with the web links to help navigate the NGS sites.
- The Lambert Conic Conformal Projection will be broken down into elements for ease of understanding, making simple work of manual computations to convert geodetic to grid coordinates.
- The Polynomial methods for computing a Combined Ellipsoid Factor will also be presented.
- Work Sheets, Projection Tables and handout materials will also be included.
Height – Two Coordinate Systems; The Rectangular System
NGS Data Sheet Review – Conversion Triangle; Basic California Coordinate System and Legal Basis
Geodetic to Grid Conversion – Grid to Geodetic Conversion; Scale Factor; Zone to Zone Transformation; Final Review
All remaining proceeds from this non-profit program will go toward supporting local geospatial industry associations.