CSDS rents surveying, mapping, construction & 3D scanning instruments on a daily, weekly or monthly basis
Renting equipment is an excellent way to reduce your overhead and maintenance costs. It also enables you to tackle jobs you are not equipped for, or to work with a product and ensure it meets your needs before making a purchase decision.
If you’re looking for an equipment rental, we encourage you to call CSDS first. Our large rental fleet features the latest products from the industry’s leading manufacturers. All instruments are inspected and serviced before they go out in the field to ensure you will enjoy hassle-free operation.
For more information, or to reserve your next equipment rental, please click on the “Request a Rental” tab above and complete the online form, or contact the Rental Department at the store nearest you by dialing 800.243.1414.
CSDS has the following equipment for rent.
- Network RTK Rover
- Full RTK System (Base and Rover)
- Robotic Total Station
- Mechanical Total Station
- Digital Level
- GeoExplorer Handheld
- Modular GPS System
- Electronic Transits
- Contractors Auto Levels
- Flat Lasers
- Slope Lasers
- Magnetic Locators
- Magnetic/Cable Locators
- Robotic Total Stations for Construction
- Trimble TX6 3D Scanner
- Trimble TX8 3D Scanner
- FARO Focus X330
- Trimble Business Center Advanced
- Trimble RealWorks
- Trimble Pathfinder Office
- FARO Scene Software
- Spherical Targets (3D Scanning)
- Prism Pole
- Magnetic Locator
CSDS Rental Requirements
The following items must be complete before any rental or discounted service equipment can leave our facility.
- Established CSDS account or click here to download a CSDS credit application.
- Completed and signed rental contract (signed by renter and authorized CSDS representative) that includes all items being rented along with retail replacement value of each item.
- Signed checklist of all items and accessories that are included with each system rented.
- Credit card authorization (if applicable).
- Proper proof of adequate insurance (see insurance requirements in next column).
- California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc. must be listed as certificate holder.
- California Surveying & Drafting Supply, Inc. must be listed as Loss Payee in regards to all leased equipment, and Additional Insured in regard to general liability.
- The policy must provide specific coverage for rented equipment and accessories. This should appear in the section labeled “other” on your certificate.
- The limit of liability and deductible must be clearly stated. Increased coverage on certain rentals may be necessary on an individual transaction basis.
- The coverage must include in-transit and be written on a worldwide basis (if applicable).
- The coverage must be written on an ALL/RISK Replacement Cost basis. We will not accept an unattended automobile exclusion to the policy. Actual Cash Value Coverage will not be accepted by California Surveying & Drafting Supply.
Download a sample insurance form here:
Request a Rental