Radiodetection TX-10 10 Watt Transmitter
Our Livechat team is currently unavailable. Please use the “Contact Us” option under “Support” or try again during our hours of Livechat operation:
8:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST
The Radiodetection Tx-10 Transmitter is a state-of-the-art device designed to support the range of Radiodetection RD7000, RD7100, RD8000 and RD8100 cable, pipe and RF marker locators. It offers the highest current and induction capability among Radiodetection transmitters. The Tx-10 is based on a fully digital platform, offering constant current across its entire bandwidth in direct connect, clamp or inductive mode. It is a light-weight, well-balanced device that is IP54 rated to cope with demanding environmental conditions.
Features The Radiodetection Tx-10 Transmitter offers a range of features that make it an ideal tool for locating cables, pipes, and RF markers. Some of its key features are:
High output capability
The Tx-10 offers both 30V and 90V output options, resulting in higher signal current delivered on high impedance target lines than typical transmitters that only offer a 50V output. Higher signal levels are more locatable and travel over longer distances.
This feature allows the transmitter to calculate the optimum frequency based on ground impedance. The transmitter uses this information to optimize the active frequency, which helps to improve locate accuracy and extends battery life.
iLOC remote transmitter control
To support the extended RD8000 iLOC feature set, the Tx-10B can be ordered with integrated iLOC remote transmitter control.
The Tx-10 includes a multimeter function that enables quick measurements of output voltage, line voltage, current, impedance and power.
The Tx-10 can be powered either by 8 standard D-cell batteries (alkaline or rechargeable NiMH) or by the Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery pack (available as an option). Alternatively, the Tx range can be powered from a 12V vehicle source using a Radiodetection approved isolation transformer.
Alkaline battery life can be extended by enabling ECO mode which warns the operator and gradually reduces the power output in low battery conditions.
The Tx-10 Transmitter is compatible with a range of locators across the RD8000 range. It can be easily customized to match your locator using the ‘model’ feature. The Tx-10B transmitter includes the additional ‘PTL’ model featuring the additional frequencies of the RD8000 PTLM locator.
- Three power versions: 1 Watt, 5 Watt, and 10 Watt
- 8kHz Fault Find: locates faults from short circuit up to 2M?
- Current Direction Fault Find: for long-distance fault finding
- 5 or 13 CD paired frequencies (model dependent)
- Current delivered at 30V or high voltage mode (90V for high impedance operation)
- 256Hz to 200kHz active frequency range
- Selectable modes support RD7000+ and RD8000 specific model locator frequency ranges (Tx-10B required for PTLM models)
- 8 induction frequencies
- iLOC (on Tx-5B and Tx-10B only)
- 250V Transient overvoltage protection
- Multimeter function
- 8 D-cell battery cassette/rechargeable Lithium-ion battery pack option
- Accessory tray (for ground stake, direct connect leads, and earth reel)
- Plug and play accessories
- External 12V DC operation (using Radiodetection isolation transformer)
- Click-touch splash-proof sealed keypad
- High contrast LCD
|Alk: 4 hours NI-Mh: 7 hours Li-Ion: 8 hours
|-4 to 122°F / -10 to 50°C
|D-cell battery tray.
|LCD with auto backlight.